Last nights Sweet 16 T-Shirt Party.... Whoa!!! | Sugar Ray Airbrush (614) 735-4988
  • Great artwork, good times!

    Last nights Sweet 16 T-Shirt Party.... Whoa!!!


    SET-UP:
    Can you imagine the scene, I set up my table, about 4ft. Two chairs, a beautiful lovely assistant with t-shirts ready. 5 design boards for the kids to pick whatever airbrush design they want.

    ATMOSPHERE:
    Next to me was this magician, and to the other side of me was the dj getting the crowd so pumped up. Across from me was a real life photo-booth, this party has the works. It was a carnival theme party, for those that are looking for awesome party ideas here in Columbus, Ohio.

    The party started at 7pm and I started going crazy on getting the kids to lined up. I did two kids tattoos, and that sent the other 70 kids at this party onto a frenzy. They started to rush the table, picking designs.

    T-SHIRTS:
    One thing i ask the parent to consider is how to provide the tees to the kids. Two options, either tell the kids to bring they own tee or buy my tees by the dozen. I can do about 12 tees an hour, so it works out.

    This party chose to tell teenagers to bring they own tees. Fail..! Not one kid brought a tee. Luckily, I was prepared for this. But unfortunately I had to charge the kid $4 for the tee. No worries, I guess teens have they own money nowadays.

    DESIGNS:
    So I got my first batch of t-shirts, let's say about 7, and I'm flying. I can hear the kids talking about how fast I'm painting in the background. And I can see a group of 8 kids coming to the table.

    I look at the design I'm working on and think to myself, there is no way I'm gonna paint this detailed of a design for this many kids.

    Note to self, simple name designs when it's a party of 30 or more kids.

    It didn't matter to the kids, they were amazed. I kept hearing questions like, how is Mr. SugaRay doing that that fast. The parent who booked me came all the way from across the room to see what the commotion was, what could I've been painting that got kids off the dance floor. She came, she saw, she was pleased. She whispered to me, "Mr. SugaRay you are worth every cent. Can you stay for another hour?" I obliged.

    THE END:
    The dj started playing some real good music, and the kids was jammin. So was I. I'm jammin designs that would take twenty minutes at my store, the Sugar Shack, in ten minutes. Definitely in my zone.

    There was a rack of shirts dry and ready to be passed out. Some kids came and got there shirts early, but most danced and partied the night away.

    Of course, with every great thing, it must come to an end. And that was apparent when some of the last minute cool kids came too late. The expressions on they face was priceless. All they could do was take a business card and say, Mr. SugaRay I'm gonna ask my mom too bring you to my party.

    I said, "See you there."

    RATES:
    This is how it works. My goal as an artist is to book 3 parties a weekend. So the first 12 parties who book in a given month will get a $100 discount.

    I charge $100 an hour. At my store each shirt design starts at $10. That's a Name design on a tee. At a party I can do almost 15 T-shirts in an hour. At the store that would cost $150 bucks. At your party that saves you $50 each hour. At the end of the night, you've saved $200 and provided two dozen more kids with an awesome souvenir from your amazing party.

    Think about it. Do you want to do something different at your graduation party, birthday party, bar mitzvah bat mitzvah, or family reunion?

    REVIEW:
    -$100 an hour.
    -$300 for 4 hours for the first party booked on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
    -15 to 20 shirts on an hour
    -an amazing attraction to watch

    0 comments: